I don't remember my password and can't login?

If you don't remember your username or password we are happy to help you to try and look up your login information. Locating the login information for your existing account rather than creating a new account with us can save you (as well as our support team) a great deal of headache and confusion in the future.

If you don't recall the username you created, you can request an email with that information. To search for your username you simply need to visit this page, enter your email address and click continue. If we are able to identify a username associated with the information that you have entered it will be emailed to you.

Now, if you do not remember your password you can reset it by using our online account recovery tool. You can find this tool here. When using this, we will ask you for your username, email address and social security number. If the information you enter matches our records, we will send you a unique code to either the phone number or email address associated with your account. This code will allow you to then reset the password on your account.

You can certainly proceed with creating a new account but following these recovery steps first can help save you time and possible account confusion in the future. If you have any trouble with either of these or require additional assistance with your account and are unable to login, please contact us here.



Q&A: What happens if you forget to file your taxes?

The consequences of forgetting to file your taxes depend on whether you owe taxes or if you would have received a refund. If you're late filing and owe taxes, you'll start accumulating a failure-to-file penalty. This fee is assessed monthly at 5% of your tax bill (capped at 25%). If you owe taxes and don't pay, you could also be charged a failure-to-pay penalty of 0.5%. While this is less than the failure-to-file penalty it will still continue to accrue monthly until paid off in full or reaching the 25% cap.

If you're owed a refund from the government you are unlikely to receive a penalty for not filing. You may, however, lose the refund that is owed to you if you do not file your return within three years of the original deadline.

In either case, owing taxes or refund due, forgetting to file your taxes may have consequences that can cost you. If you feel you are unable to meet the April deadline, it is usually best to file for an extension with the IRS.