Tag Archives: claim refundable credits after disallowance

How Do I Claim Refundable Credits After Disallowance?

Sometimes a taxpayer’s claim for a refundable tax credit is reduced or denied. If the IRS rejected or reduced your claim for certain refundable tax credits, you will need to complete and submit the Form 8862 along with your tax return in order to claim any of these credits again.  Typically, you are required to include the Form 4868 in the first filing you after a disallowance. Then, if the IRS accepts your return and allows you to claim the credit that was previously disallowed, you do not need to file this form in subsequent years unless the IRS disallows

... Read More